1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Whitney Houston - general discussion

Discussion in 'Popstar discussions' started by Silvan, 21 May 2012.

1. Silvan

Silvan Administrator Staff Member

whitneysparks.jpg

Whitney Houston‘s last known recording, ‘Celebrate’ ft. Jordin Sparks, is a happy and uplifting track recorded shortly before her passing in February.

The R. Kelly-produced song was recorded for her upcoming movie ‘Sparkle’, expected in cinemas in August.

Last edited: 28 Jun 2012
  2. Silvan

3. H.T.

H.T. Disco queen

I really love it - song laid back with a fantastic hook in it - and vid v moving
  4. Silvan

Whitney's duet with Jordin Sparks wasn't the only track Houston recorded for the Sparkle soundtrack. The compilation, due 31st July, features gospel hymn 'His Eye Is On The Sparrow' sung by the late diva.

The soundtrack also features music from her co-stars Jordin Sparks, Cee Lo Green, and Goapele.

sparkle-soundtrack.jpeg

Sparkle: The Original Motion Picture Soundtrack Tracklisting
    1. “I’m a Man” – Cee Lo Green
    2. “Yes I Do” – Carmen Ejogo
    3. “Running” – Goapele
    4. “Jump” – Carmen Ejogo, Tika Sumpter, & Jordin Sparks
    5. “Hooked on Your Love” – Carmen Ejogo, Tika Sumpter, & Jordin Sparks
    6. “Something He Can Feel” – Carmen Ejogo, Tika Sumpter, & Jordin Sparks
    7. “His Eye Is on the Sparrow” – Whitney Houston
    8. “Look Into Your Heart” – Jordin Sparks
    9. “One Wing” – Jordin Sparks
    10. “Love Will” – Jordin Sparks
    11. “Celebrate” – Whitney Houston & Jordin Sparks
  5. Silvan

Never Give Up is featured on Whitney Houston's new best of compilation. I presume this track was recorded for her last album, I Look To You, but didn't make the cut.

The lyrics are a bit cheesy.
  6. Silvan

Whitney Houston's brother admits introducing the pop star to drugs in an interview with Oprah Winfrey for her Next Chapter series.

Whitney's mother, Cissy Houston also speaks to Oprah about the rumours Whitney has a relationship with her then-assistant Robyn.