1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Rihanna - Unapologetic album + singles

Discussion in 'Popstar discussions' started by Eros, 21 Jun 2012.

1. Eros

Eros Junior Member Newbie

rihanna-unapologetic.jpeg
    Rihanna is easily the most productive pop star around. She's released six studio albums in 6 years, and by the sounds of it, we'll have another new album later this year.

Rihanna has booked studio time with up-and-coming producers Burns and Nicky Romero. Rumour has it Swedish House Mafia have also flown into London.

Here are some of Nicky Romero's tweets this week:

And could his work with Sia and David Guetta be for Rihanna?

Back in March, Rihanna said “I started working on the new sound, but I haven’t really started recording yet."

Later, she said that she officially started working on her seventh album and has settled on a rough sound. Speaking on the album Rihanna said “I love experimenting and I love working with different sounds and putting them together so they’re not one-dimensional.”

She also confirmed plans to launch a new world tour in 2013 and has vowed to make it bigger and “more impactful” than anything she has done before.

Looking at that list of producers, Rihanna next record will be very dance focused and probably keen to continue the success of We Found Love.

Attached Files:

Last edited by a moderator: 27 Oct 2012
  2. Geraint

Geraint Administrator Newbie

Have to laugh at quotes like: “I love experimenting and I love working with different sounds and putting them together so they’re not one-dimensional.” Who are you kidding, Rihanna - you sing whatever's chucked in front of you and if it flops your team ruthlessly pursue the next release 2 minutes later.

Hopefully between now and the 7th album she won't have completely destroyed her public image.
    Brandon Osborne and H.T. like this.
  3. H.T.

H.T. Disco queen

I was assuming she was churning them out so she complete her contract - prob with greatest hits - and move onto a much higher percentage. Yet again I am proved wrong
  4. Brandon Osborne

Brandon Osborne New Member Newbie

Rihanna, in my opinion, has 'lost it'. I think she started to become less good on 'Loud'. Especially on tracks such as 'Skin'. And Talk That Talk was a complete filler album. Each song was about sex, and she only write 6 of them. Some tracks on TTT are good, but only because of their catchiness or the composition. Such as the sample from the XX's 'Intro' in the track 'Drunk on Love', and the Metallica interpolation on 'Red Lipstick'..
    H.T. likes this.
  5. Silvan

Silvan Administrator Staff Member

oh, i would take Rihanna's writing credits with a pinch of salt. I'm not saying that she can't write, but writing good pop songs is tricky and I don't think she simply has the time to write a few songs, she's been pushing them out every year. It's probably more a case of 'change a word, get a third'. It's all about the money you make off writing credits.
    H.T. likes this.
  6. Brandon Osborne

Pop songs are hard to write, granted. But Rihanna has a lot of experience in songwriting, and probably could come up with better than she has..
  7. Geraint

Geraint Administrator Newbie

Despite my earlier post (which sounded more harsh than intended), I thought her Hackney performance was really good. I saw lots of comments on twitter stating that she was 'out of it' or drunk, which was clearly not the case. Those people are either trolling or have lead very sheltered lives.
    Brandon Osborne likes this.
  8. Silvan

So her new single 'Diamonds' will get its radio debut this Wednesday.

And Rihanna launched a new website called Rihanna 7. Could this be the title of her new album - taking a page out of Kylie's and Beyonce's book, who named their albums 'X' and '4'.

http://rihanna7.com/
  9. Silvan

And here it is, Diamonds, the new single by Rihanna. Listen to the track below.

Last edited: 5 Oct 2012
  10. Brandon Osborne

I actually think Diamonds is a good song. Not very Rihanna-esque but still good :)
  11. Silvan

I really like Diamonds. But it's such a Sia track; it's like Rihanna totally copied Sia's way of singing on this track.
  12. afrmx

afrmx New Member

I think she deserves a break, scratch that... I think we deserve a break from her!

I like her music, but from all her latest albums since Rated R, only about 3-4 songs are great, all other are blatant filler soundalikes.
  13. LEWIS

LEWIS New Member Newbie

Rihanna's new album is called Unapologetic... and here's the album cover! It looks like shes got fart written across her face... and im feeling Rated R vibes again..

rihanna-unapologetic.jpg
  14. Silvan

Rated R vibes can only be good right?! I felt that was one of her more personal albums.
  15. Silvan

Is this the tracklisting for Rihanna's new album Unapologetic?

246.jpeg
  16. Silvan

Well well, Rihanna takes on Madonna for the biggest selling female singles artist ever, knocking Kylie off the second place...

Other movers include Lady Gaga, who has overtaken Britney Spears in the last four months to take fifth place with 7.329 million UK singles sales.

The Official Biggest Selling Female Singles Artists of All Time
    Screen Shot 2012-10-27 at 15.42.25.png

[NB This chart is based on official UK physical and digital sales data across all major online and offline retailers and independent record shops, as compiled by Official Charts Company]
    Last edited: 27 Oct 2012
  17. Silvan

Here's the confirmed tracklisting for Rihanna's upcoming album Unapologetic.

Rihanna’s Unapologetic Tracklist:
    1. "Fresh Out the Runway"
    2. "Diamonds"
    3. "Numb" (ft. Eminem)
    4. "Pour It Up"
    5. "Loveeeeeee Song" (ft. Future)
    6. "Jump"
    7. "Right Now"
    8. "What Now"
    9. "Stay" (ft. Mikky Ekko)
    10. "Nobodies Business" (ft. Chris Brown)
    11. "Love Without Tragedy" / "Mother Mary"
    12. "Get It Over With"
    13. "No Love Allowed"
    14. "Lost in Paradise"
    15. "Half of Me" (Bonus Track)
    Last edited: 7 Nov 2012
  18. Silvan

Here's an album sampler for the record. Unapologetic is out November 19th.

19. Silvan

Shame about the track with Chris Brown. But another track with Eminem could be good.
  20. Silvan

Has anyone got an idea what the plot is in this video?