1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Nelly Furtado - The Spirit Indestructible + singles

Discussion in 'Popstar discussions' started by Silvan, 7 May 2012.

1. Silvan

Silvan Administrator Staff Member

tsi.jpg

I'm not too taken by the lead single 'Big Hoops (Bigger the Better)', but I like the snippet of 'Enemy. I wonder though, if she left it too long or if her fans would care much about the urban sound, which isn't really current anymore.

'Enemy'

'Something'
    http://eatinghiphop/nelly-furtado-ft-nas-something

Big Hoops (Bigger the Better)

Tracklisting
    1. Spirit Indestructible
    2. Big Hoops (Bigger the Better)
    3. High Life feat. Ace Primo
    4. Parking Lot
    5. Something feat. Nas
    6. Bucket List
    7. The Most Beautiful Thing feat. Sara Tavares
    8. Waiting For the Night
    9. Miracles
    10. Circles
    11. Enemy
    12. Believers

DELUXE:
    13. Hold Up
    14. End of the World
    15. Don’t Leave Me
    16. Be OK feat. Dylan Murray
    17. Thoughts feat. The Kenyan Boys Choir
    18. Thoughts (Tiesto Remix)

2. Silvan

Here it is, the video for Big Hoops (The Bigger The Better), shot in LA. The track is released on June 3rd, with the album ‘The Spirit Indestructible’ out on the 18th.
  3. Silvan

4. Eros

Eros Junior Member Newbie

this snippet of 'I'll Never Get Over You' sounds great. Very 'Whoa, Nelly! / Folklore'. Doesn't seem to be listed on the album though.
  5. Silvan

Nelly Furtado talks about pushing back the launch date of her album:
    That's very worthy of her, but I bet that tracklisting is going to change and will all of a sudden see some additional producers listed like Dr. Luke, Calvin Harris or Guetta.

and continues when asked whether 'Big Hoops (The Bigger The Better)' was the right choice for a first single:
    I guess she might be talking about Jennifer Lopez' album 'Love?', which sold poorly even though it produced a global number 1 with 'On The Floor'.
  6. Silvan

Nelly Furtado performs a stripped down version of 'Feels So Close', a cover by Calvin Harris for Sirius FM.

7. Silvan

Here's Nelly Furtado performing the title track of her forthcoming album Spirit Indestructible at Issy les Moulineaux in Paris. I quite like the sound of this track. It's a lot better than big hoops, that's for sure.
  8. Silvan

I didn't like Big Hoops, but I do like the sound of Spirit Indestructible, which she performed live last week in Paris. I think she'll do well with that single.

3819.jpg
  9. amir

amir New Member Newbie

this sounds just amazing. i love the cover.. its so early Nelly! free spirited and easy..
    plus she sound amazing live..
  10. Tribal Spaceman

Tribal Spaceman Mod Newbie

I like the sound of that song too :)
  11. Silvan

I love this track. It reminds me a little of the Chris Martin-penned ‘All Good Things’. I like Nelly's voice best when she sounds honest and vulnerable, rather than the over-produced coldness of Big Hoops.

H.T. likes this.
  12. Silvan

And the full version, in radio rip quality.

Last edited: 16 Jul 2012
  13. Eros

Eros Junior Member Newbie

Nelly refers to her new single 'Spirit Indestructible' as a homecoming and drawing a link to 'I'm Like a Bird'... damage control! I wonder if they changed the track listing of the album at all, or if they just took more time to promote the second single and forget about the whole lead single debacle.

14. Silvan

I'm really quite puzzled if they would be releasing 'Parking Lot' as the third single from Nelly Furtado's upcoming album Spirit Indestructible. This track, like the other two singles Big Hoops and Spirit Indestructible, has been produced by Darkchild. Nelly sounds like her tongue is swollen and can't properly sing her words.

It's not looking very good for her new album...

http://igapromotion/nelly-furtado-parking-lot
    Last edited: 18 Aug 2012
  15. amir

amir New Member Newbie

and it sounds like MIA.. not a good song.. not what i expect fron Nally anyway..
    dont look good for her.
  16. Adam73

Adam73 New Member Newbie

I loved Big Hoops and will be buying Spirit Indestructible when it's released on Sept 23rd but Parking Lot is very weak and yep, does sound like she's bitten her tongue and it's swollen
  17. Silvan

or she was drunk when she sang it :)
  18. Woops

Woops Guest

After listening to it for the 3rd time, i gotta say it's a really catchy one and perfect for closing your eyes and dancing around! I like it!
    I loved Big Hoops so much too.
  19. Lee

Lee Junior Member Newbie

I really like The Spirit Indestructable, especially when that base kicks in!

"Forgotten your vowels?: A-E-I-O-U" lol
  20. Silvan

Here's the full album sampler for Spirit Indestructible. Hard to tell if it's any good as the samples are so short.

TRACKLISTING
    ------------------------
    00:00 - Spirit Indestructible
    00:30 - Big Hoops (Bigger The Better)
    01:00 - High Life
    01:30 - Parking Lot
    02:00 - Something
    02:30 - Bucket List
    03:00 - The Most Beautiful Thing
    03:30 - Waiting For The Night
    04:00 - Miracles
    04:30 - Circles