1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Madonna - MDNA album thread + singles

Discussion in 'Popstar discussions' started by Silvan, 21 Apr 2012.

1. Silvan

Silvan Administrator Staff Member

Madonna_MDNA_deluxe-edition_crop1-590x590.jpg

Madonna's only UK interview, on ITV's Daybreak with Dan Wootton (20th April).

Bit of an odd time for the interview, 9.15am, when most people are either at school or at work.
    Last edited: 24 Jun 2012
  2. Tribal Spaceman

Tribal Spaceman Mod Newbie

Yeah, that was a bit odd. Should've got Des O'Connor to interview her on a Saturday night. Haha
  3. Geraint

Geraint Administrator Newbie

Is Des O'Connor still alive? As a child I would always get him and Bob Monkhouse mixed up...and clearly I still do.
  4. kinkykylie

kinkykylie New Member Newbie

Does the lack of discussion in this forum mean that everyone else has done the same as me and listened to MDMA once and resigned it to the back of the cd stand? I Love Madonna, but this album is bad.. There is no fun or excitement in it..
  5. Silvan

it's a shame she didn't include a few more ballads. 'Masterpiece' isn't bad, but certainly doesn't deserve to be (a half-arsed) single either. Frozen and Power of Goodbye were brilliant ballads and I'm sure she could have cooked some up with William Orbit.

I think there was even talk of Madonna having recorded a track written by Sia, called 'Trust', which was liked to 'Live To Tell'. I wonder if they'll repackage the thing, or just ignore it and focus on an enormous world tour.
  6. H.T.

H.T. Disco queen

I really love Girl gone Bad, Masterpiece and I Don't Give A but it pains me to say that the rest is a bit iffy. I played it over and over trying to like it but just didn't work. Too many tracks, too many producers and alot of the songs aren't good enough. Had the best pre-release publicity drive I've ever seen - amazing
  7. kinkykylie

Its just not a friendly album.. Im all for artists expressing themselves, but make it entertaining forth people who will be listening to it.. Girl gone wild is a fantastic track, but its not radio friendly and won't carry the album.. IMO..
  8. Silvan

i do like Superstar, it's a happy beat. Shame about the dodgy lyrics.

But agree with you H.T. - not something I would ever say about Madonna, but there are too many tracks on the album, which makes it difficult to get into. Let's see if 'Turn Up The Radio' will turn things around for Madge - and I would love to see a (Tarantino) video for Gang Bang, I love it how deranged Madonna sounds on that song (great for running too).

Superstar
    http://igamusic/madonna-superstar

Gang Bang
    http://igamusic/madonna-gang-bang
  9. kinkykylie

Turn up the radio is the most radio friendly track, but it does get a little boring after a couple of listens..

God, I sound so moany about it.. I don't mean to be, but I was so disappointed with the whole release.. It was hyped to be full force dance album and it just isn't.. I hate the swearing on it to.. Apart from that, I love it.. Lol..
  10. Silvan

Can't wait for the video, as it seems to have been half-confirmed by Madonna's manager to be the next single.
  11. kinkykylie

Has Girl gone wild been released then?? Have I missed something here??
  12. Silvan

Girl Gone Wild was released back in March. 'Turn Up The Radio' hasn't officially been confirmed to be the third single (yet).
  13. kinkykylie

OMG... I completely missed that.. How did it do? Did it get a physical release??
  14. Silvan

15. Tribal Spaceman

Tribal Spaceman Mod Newbie

I'm looking forward to "Turn Up the Radio". I really like "Superstar" and "I'm a Sinner" too.
  16. Silvan

Here's an interesting one, the original demo for Gang Bang, called 'Bang Bang'. The demo has influences from co-writer Mika, but it looks like they only kept some of the lyrics, as it's almost unrecognisable.

17. Silvan

Looks like Madonna's next single off MDNA might be 'Gang Bang' instead of the half-confirmed 'Turn Up The Radio'. I think they should release both as a double A-side, one for the radio and one for the clubs, to garner some interest in the album. Supported by the upcoming tour, perhaps they could turn it into a hit single, the album so desperately needs.

http://drownedmadonna.com/index/item/745-madonna-to-release-gang-bang-this-summer.html
  18. Silvan

Oh dear... 'Girl Gone Wild', which was released this week, charted at number 73 in the UK charts. Mind you, I wonder why they bothered, the response was luke warm when the lyric video went up on the 27th February and the video was released two months ago. I'm quite surprised they haven't actually released a new single already. Perhaps they've given up, or aren't that worried as she'll be making Live Nation lots of money by touring.
  19. H.T.

H.T. Disco queen

I thought girl gone wild was out ages ago and love it. Gang bang is terrible choice, no tune and feeble shock effort. I still think masterpiece should be single with molto blanco mix
  20. James

James New Member Newbie

Girl Gone Wild in with a bullet at #73! Jeezo. I don't think MDNA is that bad to be honest but then I'm still glossing over the terrible lyrics and crow vocals that are still present on some tracks. 'I'm Addicted' is a genuine belter, as are 'I'm A Sinner' and 'Love Spent'. I think she should re-record 'Turn Up The Radio' and use the husky-ish voice she used on songs like 'Express Yourself' instead of that watery Evita voice she insists on using these days. There's no energy in her delivery now. Gang Bang is great but she should kept the original title and no matter what anyone says, it's absolutely NOT single material. Someone needs to sit her down, have a strong word with her and get her to bin Guy Oseary at the same time. Bring back Pat Leonard and Freddy DeMann or Madonna is over.
    H.T. likes this.
Tags: Madonna