1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Madonna - 13th studio album (2014)

Discussion in 'Popstar discussions' started by Silvan, 24 Nov 2012.

1. Silvan

Silvan Administrator Staff Member

madonna3-600x450.jpg
    Oh, very premature, but Madonna has said in an interview she has a new movie project and already has some new material for the upcoming album.

Very exciting she has started work on a new album, as her last one MDNA sounds like it was thrown together in 4 weeks. She needs to focus on one project though; the reason MDNA is a mess is because she directed W.E, launched a shoe and fashion line, perfumes and had to fit in an album somehow.

More here:
    http://www.madonnarama.com/posts-en...lready-started-working-on-the-upcoming-album/
  2. Adam73

Adam73 New Member Newbie

She should make an album Ray Of Light standard. Concentrate on the songs and vocals and put some sodding clothes on woman and shock people by having some class. Otherwise your legacy is going down the pan.
  3. Silvan

her shoe range apparently is very successful. But yeah, a return to form please and with that will come the chart success (she really needs a hit for 2010-2020 - even if it's just to keep that Rihanna from taking her crown).
    Danny and Marcus like this.
  4. Marcus

Marcus New Member Newbie

OMG How Exciting!! If Madonna steps up her game and does a brilliant album with a lot of depth people will stop calling her irrelevant and she will officially be the queen of pop again!! <3
    H.T. likes this.
  5. Silvan

That Grape Juice report that Madonna has been spotted on LAX with former collaborator Patrick Leonard (True Blue, Who's That Girl, Like a Prayer and Ray of Light albums and the score for her 2008-movie I Am Because We Are) and rumour has it that they're working with Shep Pettibone (Vogue and the Erotica album) and Craig Kostich (Vogue) on her new album, slated for end 2014. No sources are given, so it might all just be hearsay, but having Madonna team up with Patrick would be great.

http://thatgrapejuice.net/2014/01/report-madonna-working-album/
  6. Silvan

Here's what the Examiner is reporting. I do hope we're not getting another 'concept' album, like I'm Breathless, as it was quite a boring album. Vogue was good though, but felt out of place on the album.

http://www.examiner.com/article/madonna-reunites-with-sean-penn-and-patrick-leonard
  7. Silvan

More rumours around the new Madonna album. The fact that her deal ends in 2017 does mean she's running out of time, so we'll likely get a new album this year, a tour in 2015 and another album in 2016, finished off with a tour in 2017:

In 2007, Live Nation signed the superstar to a 10-year deal reportedly worth $100 million that includes new studio albums, touring, merchandising, fan club/website, DVD’s, music-related television and film projects and associated sponsorship agreements. This portion of the commitment is being valued at $40 million. The Universal Music Group-owned label will release three albums by the Material Girl. After MDNA, Madonna owes Live Nation 2 more Albums and 2 Tours until the end of 2017.

In 2013 during an “Ask Me Anything” – Reddit session as for a new album in 2014, the singer had this to say: “There might be…my creative juices are flowing…“. Madonna said that she would ‘love’ to work with Daft Punk, adding: “Just waiting for them to return my call”.

Queen of Pop also confirmed that she has considered making an album of acoustic or orchestral reworkings of her favourite songs from her back catalogue and said she would never make a full-on rock album.

According to a source (mediamass), rumors of Madonna working in recording studio are true, with as many as eight songs having been put to tape. “It’s still in the early stages,” “She’s got security on the doors to ensure no-one hears a whisper,” a source said.

http://ultimate-madonna.com/omg-madonna-release-new-album-2014/
  8. Eros

Eros Junior Member Newbie

Pat Leonard would be amazing. Team him up with William Orbit would be even better. And a collaboration with Daft Punk would be good, but didn't she wanted to work with them around the American Life or Confessions era. Or was that AIR?
  9. Silvan

Daily Mail report that Madonna and Adele are planning a writing session to produce a track fro each other's new albums... Sounds like speculation, but it's been a while since Madonna released a quality ballad. The ballads of late, Masterpiece and Miles Away just weren't very good, and a good Madonna ballad has revived her career many a time (This Used To Be My Playground, after Justify My Love, I'll Remember after Erotica)

Madonna is hanging up her pointy bras and fishnets as she swaps dance music for a 'grown up' album of ballads - thanks to Adele.

Queen of reinvention Madge has asked the 25-year-old songstress, below left, to help her, promising in return to write a song for Adele's next record.

'They have met in London and plan a writing session to produce a track for each other's new albums,' says a source close to 55-year-old Madonna, below.
    Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbi...n-album-ballads-help-Adele.html#ixzz2qBt38ncW
  10. Silvan

It sounds very much like a Madonna release. Bonus content (if you pay enough; Madonna's always been keen to cash in), live tie-in and all visual all sound like Madonna. And It's likely not going to outperform Beyonce... Oh and she has to deliver an album this year if she wants to stay on schedule with her Live Nation contract.
  11. Silvan

12. Silvan

10007463_10152006826462765_1873911183741451102_n.jpg
    Well, we didn’t see this collaboration coming. Madonna posted an image of herself and Natalia Kills in the studio with the simple caption:

“Working the midnight shift with Natalia Kills. 2 girls on a couch……….don”t it taste like Holy Water? #artforfreedom #rebelheart #revolutionoflove”.

Madonna has been working on the follow up to her 2012 album MDNA – with Avicii listed as one of the contributors. Natalia released her excellent album, Trouble, last year which features industrial stompers as well as some heartfelt ballads. The two rebellious ladies make a very interesting pairing.

#excited