1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Leona Lewis - Glassheart + singles

Discussion in 'Popstar discussions' started by Silvan, 3 May 2012.

1. Silvan

Silvan Administrator Staff Member

[​IMG]

Leona Lewis' forthcoming (and serial-delayed) album 'Glassheart' is said to feature a Sia (Furler)-penned song entitled 'Blank Page'. A 30 second demo, sung by Sia has appeared on the shores of the internetz.

Update: Sia confirmed via Twitter that 'Blank Page' is intended for another artist. However, when a fan asked her on Twitter:

@Jake279: @siamusic Surely Leona would sing it better than whichever artist you’re giving it to. Will you write another song for Leona then?
    Sia replied with:
    @jake279 I have
    Last edited: 5 May 2012
  2. amir

amir New Member Newbie

sounds like it could me amazing..
  3. Geraint

Geraint Administrator Newbie

Well, even if her career turns out to be over (let's face it - if this doesn't work out, she's basically had it) at least we'll always have her amazing twitter feed:

'Just discovered a way to pour a fizzy drink without it fizzing up and over flowing. Pour it onto the side of the glass! am I late on this?!'

https://twitter.com/#!/leonalewismusic/status/194518320953827328

In other Leona news, the Daily Mail are horrified by her 'ill fitting trench coat and wellies'. How dare she!

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbi...ng-trench-coat-wellies.html?ito=feeds-newsxml
  4. Geraint

Are her fans called bunnies?
  5. Silvan

Here's an 8 second snippet of new track 'Playground'.
  6. Silvan

After a serie of pushbacks, it now looks like Leona's Glassheart might be released earlier than the last date set for November, and a single is coming 'sooner than we might think'. Could just be all rumours...
  7. Silvan

H.T. likes this.
  8. James

James New Member Newbie

I know 'Collide' was a sizeable enough hit but I think it should have been bigger. Avicii's version wasn't all that.

All this negativity surrounding the album puzzles me as well, I'm quite excited about it. At least she's trying something new (for her); it's not as if she can get away with ballads and half-decent covers much longer. A bit more personality wouldn't go amiss either, I've quite enjoyed the flashes of personality I've read about.
  9. Geraint

I don't mean to sound like a complete pessimist, but historically speaking, delays rarely improve a record's chances of success. There's definitely a feeling recently that Leona's people have been throwing anything at the wall just to see what sticks, and it's damaging her credibility in quite a major way.
  10. Silvan

her people have teamed her up with Calvin Harris and Darkchild, both known to produce hits, although nothing is sure-fire seeing as Nelly Furtado's new single 'Big Hoops' (Darkchild) will probably flop and even Scissor Sisters excellent 'Only The Horses' (Harris), managed a #12 entry so far.
  11. H.T.

H.T. Disco queen

Last edited by a moderator: 22 May 2012
  12. H.T.

H.T. Disco queen

Am amazed Scissor Sisters have become a niche act so quickly when their music is, and has always been, f'ing brilliant. Its not like they had a long break or produced a couple of crap albums from which they couldn't come back. Increasing conservatism of music buying public? God knows
  13. Silvan

Metro ran a story yesterday claiming Leona Lewis is swapping her swooning ballads for the urban sounds of drum ’n’ bass on her forthcoming album Glassheart.

Read more: http://www.metro.co.uk/music/900461...ds-for-drum-n-base-on-new-album#ixzz1wExt1ccB
  14. Lee

Lee Junior Member Newbie

Apparently there is a new single meant to drop in the next 3 weeks or so because her performance at Hackney Weekend could help promotion. As for the lead single of Collide (if they even include it on the album anymore), it's shocking, although I like the track, I've heard live versions of Glass Heart and I think it could have done so much better than Collide. I'm excited to hear her new material
  15. Silvan

I liked Collide, but agree Glassheart could have done well. On her last album she did feature this track called Outta My Head (think it might have been a Xenomania track if I remember correctly); lovely uptempo track and suits her well. Hope she'll continue down that road, she too young to go down the road of Celine Dion...
  16. Lee

Lee Junior Member Newbie

I agree, I prayed for her to release Outta My Head, but it never happened... I think of the ones she didn't release on that album, Outta My Head and Broken are two of my favourites. Have you listened to Scene of the Crime? If she released that then it could have done better than I Got U I think
    Last edited: 18 Jun 2012
    silvan likes this.
  17. Geraint

They'd be mad not to capitalise on the Hackney weekender somehow, but anything is possible in Leonaland. She'll probably chuck out a cover of 'Boy Named Sue' and gallop off into the sunset for another year.
  18. Lee

Lee Junior Member Newbie

In reference to that Playground snippet posted last month, here are a group of songs whose snippets were released together after Echo was released, one of which is Playground:

Since then, both A Thousand Lights and Mr Magic Touch have both leaked online, so I doubt that any of these will ever reach her album because they have been stolen like the rest of her songs and being leaked gradually, for what reason, I have no idea, I'd just rather have them all online now so I can hear them since they won't be on the album lol

Here's a longer snippet of Playground too, I'd really like the song and want to hear it in full!
    silvan likes this.
  19. Silvan

it's thought that a lot of producer leak their own songs; they put in all the work to produce the song but in the end the song didn't make the album for whatever reason (creative/label issues/£££/etc.) Sometimes the song gets given to someone else (if it's good enough), but in a lot of cases it just gets shelved.
  20. Silvan

Tags: Leona Lewis