1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Lana Del Rey - Born To Die (album) + singles

Discussion in 'Popstar discussions' started by Silvan, 18 Apr 2012.

1. Silvan

Silvan Administrator Staff Member

The demo for Lana Del Rey's 'Dark Paradise' packs more of a punch than the album version. I might actually prefer this. The beat reminds me a little of something Florence + The Machine might do.

http://screaml0ud/ldr-dark-paradise-demo

Now all she needs to do is release 'Summertime Sadness' as a single.

lana.jpeg
    Last edited: 24 Jun 2012
  2. Silvan

Here's another leaked demo 'She's Not Me', which she recorded in 2010. A 30 second snippet leaked the week before, labelled as 'Ride Or Die Bitch'.
  3. Silvan

Lana is shooting the video for Summertime Sadness, my favourite.

lana_STS.jpg lana_STS3.jpg lana_STS4.jpg lana_STS2.jpg
  4. Silvan

5. H.T.

H.T. Disco queen

I loved the first 2 singles as I was feeling suicidal and thought they'd help me on my way as they're so beautifully depressing - so got album and it didn't do it for me. Too samey and dreary. But then I loved next single and sounds from above that there's other really good tracks on it so I better give it another go - noose in hand. Ho ho. She is just amazingly beautiful - I love the lips, false or natural so what. The darkness of the songs is brilliant counterpoint to her very "pretty" beauty.
  6. Silvan

So National Anthem will be the 2nd US single 4th international single. Guess that means Summertime Sadness is put on hold for now.
  7. Silvan

A newly leaked song by Lana Del Rey, 'Never Let Me Go'. Not sure how old it is, but I love this tune. It's beautiful and not as dark as her other songs. Oh, I love Lana!
  8. Silvan

Lana-Del-Rey-National-Anthem-360x360.jpg

Lana tweeted this image earlier today. It's presumably the single cover for 'National Anthem'.
  9. Silvan

The lovely Fern Cotton interviews Lana Del Rey for Radio 1. They talk about Lana's breakthrough and the fact she has three music videos lined up: National Anthem, Summertime Sadness and Dark Paradise (set for a release in September, but not as a single).

Her video for 'National Anthem' will be a 10-minute short film directed by Anthony Mandler. The video will see Lana take on the role of Jackie Kennedy and rapper A$AP Rocky will play JFK. The video is expected to premiere this Sunday.

http://lana-21/lana-del-rey-interview-with

'National Anthem' will be released July 8th and will come with a remix package including Tensnake, Todd Terry, Afterlife and DC Breaks.
  10. amir

amir New Member Newbie

thats so exciting! i hope they good as blue jeans and born to die.. but still very exciting.. love to see what her vision without woodkid directing her.. cant wait!! :)
  11. Silvan

teaser for her forthcoming video 'National Anthem', which is inspired by JFK/Jackie Kennedy.

AwJVv3FCMAMMArR.jpg
  12. Eros

Eros Junior Member Newbie

This was uploaded by Lana as a trailer for the forthcoming video National Anthem. I'm hoping the real video will be as epic and stunning as Born To Die.

13. Geraint

Geraint Administrator Newbie

14. Silvan

lana.jpg
  15. amir

amir New Member Newbie

love everything about this. the pics. the photographers! and that song cover... gonna be amazing
  16. Silvan

do you reckon is a cover of the Bobby Vinton or Tony Bennett song Blue Velvet?

Bobby Vinton

Tony Bennett
  17. Silvan

Here's a little preview of the new Lana Del Rey video 'Summertime Sadness'.
  18. amir

amir New Member Newbie

it's even leaked! if your going to be quick you can have a look also before youtube takes it off :)

19. Silvan

it's gone, but here's another link

[parsehtml]<video width="640" height="360" src="http://bilder.clipfish.de/media/musicvideos/GB/UV7/12/GBUV71201291_.mp4" autobuffer controls>
    <div class="fallback">
    <p>You must have an HTML5 capable browser. Try the link below: <a href="
    http://bilder.clipfish.de/media/musicvideos/GB/UV7/12/GBUV71201291_.mp4
    ">
    http://bilder.clipfish.de/media/musicvideos/GB/UV7/12/GBUV71201291_.mp4
    </a></p>

</div>
    </video>[/parsehtml]
    Last edited: 20 Jul 2012
  20. Silvan

Lana Del Rey announced she'll be re-issuing her debut album 'Born To Die' later this year with 7 new tracks. Will 'Put The Radio On' be one of them? Check out this new track.

Tags: Lana Del Rey