1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Lady Gaga - ARTPOP + singles + artRAVE tour

Discussion in 'Popstar discussions' started by Silvan, 8 Jun 2012.

?

Are you looking forward to Lady Gaga's next album

Poll closed 28 Aug 2013.
  1. Yes - I love her

4 vote(s)
    36.4%
  2. No - I'm over her

1 vote(s)
    9.1%
  3. Let's see what she comes back with

6 vote(s)
    54.5%
  1. Silvan

Silvan Administrator Staff Member

LadyGaga-630x630.jpg
    Earlier today Lady Gaga tweeted about announcing her new album title in September. She's already started to hype her next album; didn't she learn from Born This Way that over-hyping an album is a very dangerous thing to do? Back in March 2010 she wrote about BTW: "It [will be] the anthem for our generation...[with] the greatest music I've ever written. I promise you, that this album is the greatest of my career."

And a day earlier:
    I'm seriously hoping that her new album will be a lot better than BTW, but I get the impression people in general are really tired of her (check out the negative comments on our FB wall about the same Tweet). In my opinion, she should not have gone on that BTW Ball and impose a media black out instead, so people could be looking forward to her return.
    Last edited: 18 Mar 2014
  2. Geraint

Geraint Administrator Newbie

I'd forgotten about that 'media blackout'. So much for that.

It's so stupid to be making announcements about announcements already, I mean the BTW tour has JUST STARTED.

I guarantee she'll put a new album track into her setlist soon-ish, a la 'You & I'.
  3. Silvan

Before launching into her new piano balad 'Princess Die', Gaga spoke about her upcoming album in Perth, Australia.

While 'Born This Way' demonstrated a sense of maturity, she said that "on the next album, there’s a lack of maturity, it’s a tremendous lack of maturity or sense of responsibility."

And here's 'Princess Die', if you haven't heard the track yet.
  4. James

James New Member Newbie

I'm sick to the back teeth of Lady Gaga. I'm sick of her victim mentality, her digs at Madonna, her foul rabid fans who seriously misrepresent her so-called message of love (although she misrepresents herself when she tweets one of those barcode things that displays 'Madonna is a c*nt' when scanned) and her big talk about music that is hardly life-changing to say the least. There is NOTHING original about her. Everything she does has been done before and better. The 'Born This Way' message only works up to a point: that it's ok to be the way you are because you were born that way. Works for the gays just fine but what if you were born a nasty tosspot? Is is still ok to be that way? No.

That said, I do love a lot of her songs. Bad Romance is a bona fide classic and the one song (so far) she'll be remembered for. It's just her horrible, whingy personality and flat-out hypocrisy I can't stand.
  5. Eros

Eros Junior Member Newbie

lady-gaga-fame-ad-600x450.jpeg

Love the new Gaga print ad for 'Fame' - the first ever black eau de parfum. Very Gulliver’s Travels.
    H.T. likes this.
  6. Silvan

Here's a more finished version of 'Nothing On (But The Radio)', which is rumoured to be the first single from her new album.

I doubt that's true though, as the original demo has been floating around the internets since 2010 and will hardly bring her back with the bang she needs.

Anyway, this version is quite nice.

[parsehtml]<iframe src="http://emd.sharebeast.com/embed.php?type=sharebeast&file=ja5zo4kdd5ns&dur=173.3&width=100%" scrolling="no" frameborder="0" allowTransparency="true" style="width:100%;height:50px;"></iframe>[/parsehtml]
    Last edited: 20 Jul 2012
  7. Greg

Greg Guest

She hasn't taken a single 'dig' at Madonna... Madonna has been very critical of her this year and Lady Gag hasn't made any rude comments about back. All she's ever said about Madonna is that she idolises her etc and that she doesn't copy her, despite being influenced, as she is with many older singers.
  8. Greg

Greg Guest

p.s. that bar-code thing wasn't a real tweet. It was a joke made by her fans.
  9. H.T.

H.T. Disco queen

The 'Born This Way' message only works up to a point: that it's ok to be the way you are because you were born that way. Works for the gays just fine but what if you were born a nasty tosspot? Is is still ok to be that way? No.

Thats hilarious!!!!
  10. Silvan

lady-gaga-tattoo-artpop.jpeg
    Gaga said she wound announce her album title in September (i.e. next month). She just tweeted a picture of her new tattoo

followed by

Last time she did that, she ended up with a tattoo 'Born This Way', so will her album be called 'Artpop'?
  11. H.T.

H.T. Disco queen

I wish she'd stop releasing these teaser pics. She's getting on my nerves which I would not have thought possible as she's amazing. Ooh! Tattoo! Ooh another weird picture on facebook! Just get the album out darling and perform your brilliant shows. Leave the crap to Nicky Minaj (like her too - what am I on about!)
  12. Eros

Eros Junior Member Newbie

Gaga confirmed the album title this morning via Twitter:

13. Silvan

presume these are some lyrics from her new track ARTPOP or it's some kind of manifesto...

lady-gaga-title-embed.jpeg

A hybrid can withstand these things
    My heart can beat with bricks and strings
    My ARTPOP can mean anything.
  14. Silvan

E Online! seem to think Lindsay Lohan will be making an appearance in Lady Gaga's next video from her upcoming album 'ARTPOP'. Sounds like a hot mess:

http://uk.eonline.com/news/336415/lady-gaga-and-lindsay-lohan-teaming-for-new-music-video
  15. donnawhite

donnawhite New Member Newbie

Thats a great news.
    I am waiting for this after "Born this way" and wish like success.
  16. Silvan

Gaga shared a little snap of herself in her dressing room. Tucked underneath the mirror was this photo. The picture in question is from the 1953's Vanity Fair edition and the photo was taken by Mark Shaw (it's not Gaga), but it probably serves as some inspiration...

394221_459798584051414_39090942_n.jpeg

546615_405370209511908_1908482061_n.jpeg
  17. Silvan

Gaga wrote the below on her Little Monsters website. So we're getting an app, which could be fun. I never actually looked at those app Bjork did for her last album - did anybody else?

18. Silvan

19. Silvan

Some more info on Gaga's upcoming fourth album, expected for 2013:

“It’s a bit more modern,” she said of ARTPOP on her social networking site Little Monsters.

“You never know if radio is ready.”

“I can’t decide how to tracklist it yet. Sort of thinking that vol. 1 should have all the commercial songs and save the experimental material for vol. 2.”

She also elaborated on the digital apps she spoke about previously: “The app is coming along amazing. I’m flying back to Chicago to work on it. The developers on ARTPOP are all like 22 and genius kids. You’d be surprised how many genius little monsters there are.”

Gaga is currently working on ARTPOP with DJ White Shadow, Fernando Garibay and RedOne, as well as new producers Zedd and Madeon. {source}
  20. Silvan

Gaga has taken to Twitter to announce she has teamed up with Terry Richardson once more:

Tags: Lady Gaga