1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Kylie Minogue - K25

Discussion in 'Popstar discussions' started by Silvan, 15 Apr 2012.

1. Silvan

Silvan Administrator Staff Member

Kylie-Minogue-K25-Logo.jpeg

After a lot of speculation and teasing, it looks like Kylie Minogue will be releasing a compilation album with reworked orchestral/acoustic versions of her classic songs, which were recorded at legendary Abbey Road Studios in London last year.

Music Week reports the album, which celebrates the Australian songstress' 25th anniversary of the release of her debut single 'Locomotion' (the Australian version). The album is apparently scheduled for a release on May 28th, which will coincide with Kylie's 44th birthday.

View attachment 3

Finger Feelings - at Abbey Road Studios

On a Night Like This at Abbey Road Studios
    Last edited: 17 Jul 2012
  2. g3579

g3579 New Member Newbie

Yay and a birthday treat for me too! I'm so glad she's doing some different stuff this year.
    silvan likes this.
  3. popbrit

popbrit New Member Newbie

I'm dying to know what the video is for that she's been filming. New single?
  4. Silvan

hope it's a new single, but the label has been very coy about it all. Personally, I'm hoping it's a new Kylie album with a bonus disc of orchestral versions of her biggest hits. That WOULD be a lovely gift to her fans.
  5. Silvan

here's a short clip of her shooting the video in London's Soho, but without a backing track. Gotta love her for picking Old Compton Street.
  6. Tribal Spaceman

Tribal Spaceman Mod Newbie

I heard it was for a new track with S/A/W but I have no idea if that's true or not.
  7. Silvan

Last edited: 25 Apr 2012
    H.T. likes this.
  8. Tribal Spaceman

Tribal Spaceman Mod Newbie

Haha! Yes. I went to school with one of those girls.
  9. Silvan

it's the 25th, so that can only mean one thing, K25! Kylie released her first ever 'Cherry Bomb' performance. The track originally appeared as a b-side to her 2008 single ‘Wow‘, and this video was recorded at her exclusive Melbourne show on March 18th this year.
  10. Silvan

11. Geraint

Geraint Administrator Newbie

Can't believe she was filming in Soho in broad daylight the other day. The one time I'm NOT there getting smashed. Mind you, I'm not sure I'd want Kylie to see me in that state...
  12. Geraint

The new Best Of is so pointless. And the tracklist is bizarre! And 21 tracks instead of 25! Why????
  13. Silvan

I like the cover though - but yeah, pretty pointless. Guess their aiming it at people buying music at the garage?

Attached Files:

14. H.T.

H.T. Disco queen

Love cover too. Skimmed track list earlier and was horrified to see Celebration and (I think) Give me just a little more time (did I really see that??) on it. Awful tail end of SAW. Where's Turn it into Love Kyles? And anything acoustic is a waste of time - we know the girl can sing. Much better to have a) 25 tracks as suggested and b) bonus of 25 mainstream mixes, she doesn't need to show off. Then I'll buy it at the garage along with Susan Boyle and Cascada.
  15. andymc35

andymc35 Junior Member Newbie

The cover is brilliant and I'd probably buy it for that alone, but at the moment I'm slightly underwhelmed by the K25 celebrations. The Anti-Tour was a great idea if you could make it to one of the locations, but I'm pretty sure most Kylie fans never got to attend it. And a best of, where every Kylie fan is going to have the tracks already, isn't great. I'm for a full orchestra album or a new studio album + the Anti Tour on DVD. I'd even be happy with a big coffee table style Kylie book.
  16. Silvan

it's her 10th 'best of' compilation if you include that Asian one from last year. She could have called it 'Best of - X'
    H.T. likes this.
  17. kinkykylie

kinkykylie New Member Newbie

Its the only one apart from the original greatest hits that Kylie has given her full approval to.. In just looking at it as aanother little bonus for K25.. Love the cover and would buy it for that alone ..
  18. kinkykylie

We are only just into the 5th month of the year, be patient! Come July you will see the celebrations take off in a big way.. That's a promise!!
  19. Geraint

That's interesting, I assumed she'd have been happy with Ultimate Kylie, seeing as it was pretty comprehensive and also gave us 'I Believe In You'. There's currently a used copy going for 28p on Amazon marketplace!

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/offer-li...&ie=UTF8&qid=1336212128&sr=1-1&condition=used
    H.T. likes this.
  20. kinkykylie

Ultimate Kylie wasn't going to be released, but as Body Language didn't sell as well as expected Parlophone decided on a greatest hits package.. Kylie wasn't happy about the release, but didn't really have much say in the matter! I believe in you had already been written, so was as good as ready to be included.. Giving you up was the rushed track.. Could you tell?? Lol