1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Kelly Clarkson - Greatest Hits + Catch My Breath

Discussion in 'Popstar discussions' started by Silvan, 12 Jun 2012.

1. Silvan

Silvan Administrator Staff Member

Kelly's still promoting her current album and single 'Dark Side', but during a UK radio interview she spoke about recording her next album (planned for next year) and having recorded a track with Rodney 'Darkchild' Jerkins, who also co-wrote 'I Forgive You' on her current album - which is surprisingly rocky, rather than the beat heavy stuff Darkchild normally produces.

Kelly Clarkson - Wave 105 interview (UK, 11.06.2012)

I Forgive You

kelly-clarkson-cathc-my-breath.jpeg
    Last edited: 5 Oct 2012
  2. Silvan

Kelly Clarkson performs a cover of 'Everytime' by Britney Spears on her Stronger Tour. She sings the song pretty well, although I prefer Britney's version without all the vocal acrobatics.

The Chelsea Ballroom (Cosmopolitan Hotel) on Stronger summer Tour 2012.
  3. David Ker

David Ker Guest

I'm sorry but Kelly Clarkson sings this much better than Britney and Kelly's latest album should be selling triple what it is. You look hot by the way. Thanks.
  4. H.T.

H.T. Disco queen

Dark Side is one of the best songs of the year. Totally brilliant pop with superb lyrics - means alot to me anyway
  5. Melody

Melody New Member Newbie

Britney tweeted and said Kelly's performance of her song was beautiful.
  6. Silvan

Oh, Kelly Clarkson is said to be releasing a Greatest Hits collection later this year, so guess we won't be seeing that new album any time soon.
  7. Silvan

H.T. likes this.
  8. Kelly<3er

Kelly<3er Guest

9. Silvan

A few more days until she releases her other video.
  10. Silvan

Music industry veteran Clive Davis released his autobiography 'The Soundtrack of My Life' today. In the book he talks about Kelly Clarkson's career, which he was involved in. He might have dramatised some of the events for a good read, but Kelly is not having any of it. Feeling bullied, she wrote the letter below.
    February 19, 2013

Hey y’all,

So I just heard Clive Davis is releasing a memoir and spreading false information about me and my music. I refuse to be bullied and I just have to clear up his memory lapses and misinformation for myself and for my fans. It feels like a violation. Growing up is awesome because you learn you don’t have to cower to anyone – even Clive Davis.

First, he says I burst into “hysterical sobbing” in his office when he demanded Since You Been Gone be on my album. Not true at all. His stories and songs are mixed up. I did want more guitars added to the original demo and Clive did not. Max, Luke and I still fought for the bigger sound and we prevailed and I couldn’t be more proud of the life of that song. I resent him dampening that song in any way.

But, yes, I did cry in his office once. I cried after I played him a song I had written about my life called “Because Of You.” I cried because he hated it and told me verbatim that I was a “sh*tty writer who should be grateful for the gifts that he bestows upon me.” He continued on about how the song didn’t rhyme and how I should just shut up and sing. This was devastating coming from a man who I, as a young girl, considered a musical hero and was so honored to work with.

But I continued to fight for the song and the label relented. And it became a worldwide hit. He didn’t include that in the book.

He also goes on to say My December wasn’t successful because I co-penned the album and it didn’t have “pop hits”. Well, first let me say, I’ve co-penned many of my “pop hits.” Secondly, My December went platinum (It sold 20,000 less than All I Ever Wanted which followed My December.) Hardly a huge failure. Never Again, the ONLY single they released in the US from that record was a Top 10 hit. I am very proud of that and I have my fans to thank. But, again, what’s most interesting about his story is what he leaves out: He doesn’t mention how he stood up in front of his company at a convention and belittled me and my music and completely sabotaged the entire project. It never had a chance to reach it’s full potential. My December was an album I needed to make for myself for many reasons and the fact that I was so completely disregarded and disrespected was so disheartening, there really aren’t words to explain….

Anyway, I love my job. I love my music. I love my fans. I love my label and all of my professional relationships… now. And I am grateful for Clive for teaching me to know the difference.

Cheers to another amazing year! And, as always, thanks for listening!

KC

{source}
    H.T. likes this.
  11. Silvan

Always like People Like Us. Great tune.
  12. H.T.

H.T. Disco queen

I REALLY love this. She is going up in my estimation all the time. And that Clive Davis is a malicious bewigged liar. He was Whitney's uncle and mentor. Did he not noticew the crackpipes lying about the place and how he sent her out on tour when he knew she was still not OK and he earned far more than she did? Hey thanks for that Clive, you're a wonderful human being. Kelly I think I am loving you. Her diction is so good you can hear the words which is rare and i find them powerful. Three thumbs up from this old slagbag!
    Silvan and Lee like this.
  13. Silvan

i like Kelly, although she's lacking a certain edge, both personality and music-wise. It's all very nice and comforting, but nothing to blow you away. She's a bit like bangers and mash or cottage pie. Very nice and comforting, but something you just wish it was a bit more edgy.
    H.T. likes this.
  14. H.T.

H.T. Disco queen

Yes, if someone said tell me about kelly clarkson, you'd struggle to come up with an image. 10 years after pop idol or whatever she won, she's still trying too hard to be the earnest musician. But I think her songs are getting better and better. Maybe its a good thing in our image obsessed society, that with her we are listening to the music, not buying into a fake "brand"
  15. Silvan

355241_lalt.jpg

Kelly Clarkson has revealed the cover for her new single ‘Tie It Up.’ She debutted the country track at the CMA Music Festival last night. Check out the performance below.

16. H.T.

H.T. Disco queen

EEEEEKKKKK!!!!! Has she got hugely fat or is it just a distorted video. She looks like kerry katona just before her next lipo. And I have to say the song is shit. And WTF is she wearing - ON STAGE. Perhaps she was on the way to walmart to get a crate of Twinkies and got dragged in to do this lumbering about hollering something that might be a song. Otherwise, love it
  17. Silvan

i don't really mind the country sound. It reminds me a little of Melissa Etheridge. Here's a short snippet of the track.

I guess it might be to do with her actual wedding. Isn't she engaged now?

18. H.T.

H.T. Disco queen

I'm not hearing much "country" I have to say. More like a pub band to me where you can't make out the song because its so garbled and you're pissed out of your head