1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Kelis - 6th studio album Food + singles

Discussion in 'Popstar discussions' started by Eros, 1 Jul 2012.

1. Eros

Eros Junior Member Newbie

kelis.jpeg
    "I Taste The Difference" - just sounds like she's singing about the Sainsbury's premium range... I do like the track though, but can't really see it blow up like Acapella did.

H.T. likes this.
  2. H.T.

H.T. Disco queen

Love it!!
  3. Silvan

Silvan Administrator Staff Member

Check out Kelis' latest collaboration with UK producer Skream: 'Copycat'. The twitterati seem to think that this shady song is Kelis taking a shot at pop princess Rihanna. What do you think?
    Last edited: 11 Nov 2012
  4. amir

amir New Member Newbie

haha! this is amazing! the cat sounds! i cant wait for her album! :)
  5. LEWIS

LEWIS New Member Newbie

Love it! Actually cannot wait for the new album!
  6. Silvan

This probably won't make it to Kelis' upcoming album (she's only singing a small part), but at least is shows she still releasing music. This is a track by Dutch DJ Don Diablo, featuring Alex Clare (he did that song 'Too Close' for Internet Explorer 9) and Kelis.

7. Silvan

Kelis is going all bluesy on us with Jerk Ribs. The track is produced by Sitek (Yeah Yeah Yeahs' new album Mosquitoand with Beady Eye, the side project of Oasis' Liam Gallagher).

Jerk Ribs
  8. Silvan

9. Silvan

Screen Shot 2013-11-15 at 00.08.52.png

screen-shot-2013-11-06-at-095529.jpg
    Kelis has filmed a video for her upcoming single, 'Rumble'. She shared some snaps of the shoot via her Instagram page, including a giraffe and a flamingo.

The album has been finished, and she said "It sounds like love and summer balled up into one!".

The album, tentatively titled FOOD, is due for release next year.
  10. Silvan

Kelis confirms her album, Food, will be out April 22nd. The album is produced by David Sitek and features a full band with horns, orchestra and strings. And apparently there was a lot of cooking and eating involved, hence the title.

11. Silvan

Suppose these 4 square represent the four food groups lol.... Kelis' album artwork for Food.

Kelis-Food-Cover-659x659.jpg
  12. Josh

Josh New Member Newbie

I don't know quite what it is about 'Copycat' but something got my attention.
    The breakdown section with the cats was funny on first listen but can't help to think the novelty will wear off pretty quick...

Love the artwork^^^ and can't wait for the album :)

Artwork also reminds me one of The Beatles albums Rubber Soul.