1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ciara: new album 'Ciara' + singles

Discussion in 'Popstar discussions' started by Silvan, 31 May 2012.

1. Silvan

Silvan Administrator Staff Member

582353_10150159376824987_905478179_n.jpg
    It's been a long time in the making, but Ciara has finally announced the title of her new album: One Woman Army. The first single will be 'Sweat'. Last year Ciara parted with Jive after the commercial failure of 'Basic Instinct'. She left to be reunited with her former mentor L.A. Reid, who's now running Epic Records.

I personally love her uptempo stuff like 'Gimme Dat', 'Turn It Up', 'Work' and 'Pucker Up', although a lot of her fanbase have been suggesting she should go back to her ghetto vibe of her debut album Goodies.
    Last edited: 20 Aug 2012
  2. Silvan

Ciara has shared come promotional shots for her new album 'One Woman Army'.

576804_418505984847341_1530533879_n.jpeg

527191_418505938180679_153698271328115_1339136_1206541481_n.jpeg
  3. H.T.

H.T. Disco queen

I really love Work and 1,2 Step but not too much else. I hope she can keep her gargantuan ego in check enough to make a go of this new stuff as she's huge star quality stuffed in an amazing looking woman. Attitude is great but she's got to control it. That promo pic above is brilliant!
  4. Silvan

can't say i'm in love with her new single. I don't understand her urge wanting to be gansta and real. Her pop stuff is what seems to do a lot better than this urban stuff...

H.T. likes this.
  5. Silvan

I love the snippet of this new track 'Overdose'. Sounds very Darkchild to me, but not sure who produced this track.

6. H.T.

H.T. Disco queen

I totally love this song
  7. Silvan

'Sweat' might have been cancelled as a single, but LA Reid let slip two videos are about to be shot and that the album will be with us around Thanksgiving.

8. Silvan

It was confirmed Ciara will be releasing two singles before her new album drops, and the first one has just been announced as ‘Sorry’, expected to premiere 20th August. She gave a little teaser of the lyrics in a fashionable handwritten note.

tumblr_m8pmm3McVR1rs6uvwo1_1280.jpeg
  9. Silvan

After the hand scribbled lyrics for her upcoming single, Ciara is teasing us with the single cover for 'Sorry' - which looks pretty promising.

ciara-sorry.jpeg
  10. Silvan

And before premiering her new single 'Sorry', she previewed a new track 'Livin' It Up', which samples Kid 'N Play's "Rollin' With Kid 'N Play".

Gotta love that tune, it's pure pop and very summery. God knows why she didn't release this kind of stuff from the word go?!

H.T. and LEWIS like this.
  11. Ted

Ted Guest

Livin' It Up was written by Wynter Gordon, who wrote a few tracks for Jennifer Lopez' album Love? and released her own album last year.
  12. Silvan

ciara-sorry-video.jpeg

still no sign off her single 'Sorry', but here's a still from the video.
  13. Silvan

14. Silvan

Ciara made it sound like 'Sorry' was the best thing ever, but judging by this clip it sounds like a dull R&B ballad to me. The full song will premiere tomorrow.

15. Silvan

let's hope that single number two, Boy Outta Here, is a lot better than the slush that is 'Sorry'.

73.jpeg
  16. Silvan

ciara-got-me-good.jpeg

Ciara will be releasing yet another single from her One Woman Army. The track, Got Me Good, will premiere on 25th October, Ciara's birthday.

17. amir

amir New Member Newbie

she is the poster girl for 'never give up on you dream of becoming Beyonce'

i wander how long is this going to last....
    H.T., Silvan and LEWIS like this.
  18. Silvan

Looks hot. Hoping for more hot tracks like Overdose and Livin' It Up, but have a feeling there will be some more slow jams on the album.
  19. Silvan

Two new Ciara tracks: Super Turnt On and Boy Outta Here. I quite like Boy Outta Here. I actually quite like most of Ciara's stuff on this new album.

20. Silvan

oh dear, oh dear, oh dear... Ciara's album isn't out till July, but someone at her record label accidentally uploaded it to via MyPlayDirect on her official store. Apparently the album was not listed as available — but the individual tracks were all available to sample and download. Tracks that have surfaced so far are Overdose, Keep On Lookin' and Livin' It Up (ft. Nicki Minaj). An album sampler has also appeared.

Overdose

Livin' It Up ft. Nicki Minaj

Keep On Lookin'

Album preview - snippets for all tracks