1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Christina Aguilera - new 2012 album Lotus + singles

Discussion in 'Popstar discussions' started by Silvan, 29 May 2012.

1. Silvan

Silvan Administrator Staff Member

christina-aguilera-2012-promo-shot-400x470.jpeg
    No official new about Christina Aguilera's new album yet, however Rodney ‘Darkchild’ Jerkins did tweet he laid down a new track for her earlier today:

Are you guys excited for Christina's new album, which would be her 5th studio album.
    Last edited: 6 Aug 2012
  2. H.T.

H.T. Disco queen

Love her voice and star quality but she needs to take advice - no bigband or 18 track concept albums (I think Bionic was described as that though not sure what the concept was). She needs alot of great songs (welll, don't they all - what a stupid comment) not lots of 3 mins of wailing. Hope it does well - Darkchild good sign!
  3. Silvan

I like Darkchild, but can't say I particularly like his lastest track 'Big Hoops' for Nelly Furtado. 'Telephone' was good though.
  4. Lee

Lee Junior Member Newbie

I liked some of the songs on the Bionic album, I hope there are some more "You Lost Me"'s on the next one. I just dislike how she performs live these days though, a good e.g. being Etta James' funeral
  5. Silvan

Yeah Bionic wasn't half bad; just too many tracks and too much filler. She should have stuck to 12 tracks and maybe record 1 or 2 radio friendly tunes. Although, saying that I don't really think it was her material that made the project flop; it was her terrible attitude towards Gaga (who at the time was v hot and well liked) - oh how things change :)
  6. Silvan

Houston - we have a release date! American chart website Billboard report that Christina Aguilera's new single is expected early August. The track, which they described as a 'club banger', was produced by Swedish pop meistro Max Martin and has been built around the line, "All I want to do is what you wanted."

Let's hope the track will have more success than the flop that was Bionic, but something tells me her record label won't allow her that much creative freedom on this release, as they need a big hit, hence producer Max Martin.

http://www.billboard.com/news/source-new-christina-aguilera-single-expected-1007486352.story
  7. DawsonsWeek

DawsonsWeek New Member Newbie

Looking forward to it!

I too enjoyed Bionic and was disappointed by the way it was handled. I hope this sets her back on track.
  8. H.T.

H.T. Disco queen

Max Martin - fabulous. Hope he writes it as well as his songs are so catchy. Did Baby One More Time didn't he??? Everything I've been saying today is rubbish so I hope my comment isn't also totally wrong!! HOHO!
  9. James

James New Member Newbie

I'm really looking forward to Christina's new album. Max Martin and Darkchild being present are very good signs. You can always rely on her for a good ballad but the majority of her last two albums were really self-indulgent I thought. Certainly the quality control was shot to shit. She's got a properly brilliant voice and can really turn it on when she performs live. I'd like to think a great pop album from her would blow Gaga out of the water (she seriously needs a reality check and a good six months off).
    H.T. likes this.
  10. Brandon Osborne

Brandon Osborne New Member Newbie

I heard the upcoming single is called 'F**k Your Body'. I hope not :L
  11. James

James New Member Newbie

I won't mind if it's as good as Dirrty but to be honest, these attempts at being provocative are just boring now. Madonna's done it all years before so now I just roll my eyes and pray for a half decent tune.
  12. Eros

Eros Junior Member Newbie

christina-aguilera-2012-promo-shot-400x470.jpeg
    Things are hotting up for Christina Aguilera's new album. She wrote the below on Facebook last Friday and this new promo shot was released earlier today. It's a more subtle look and reminiscent of Jazz singer Billie Holiday.

13. Silvan

Aguilera is planning the shoot for her video for her comeback single 'Your Body' next week. She's currently casting her dancers, with the brief being:

Looks like Xtina is planning a sleazy video. The song, 'Your Body' is said to feature lyrics like 'All I wanna do is f*ck your body'.

The song is expected to premiere in September to tie in with the return of The Voice on American TV.
  14. Silvan

The below was posted by someone on a forum, who attended the taping of the blind auditions on The Voice, scheduled to air i September.

15. DawsonsWeek

DawsonsWeek New Member Newbie

Oh good God that's exciting.

I was one of the few that actually rated Bionic. Hopefully this new album experiences a bit more success.
  16. Silvan

it wasn't too bad the album, it was just way too long. I quite like the ballads she wrote with Sia.

And Little Dreamer, the iTunes bonus track is a lovely song.
    Lee likes this.
  17. Silvan

Christina Aguilera's new album will be good fun. She's not telling too much, but at least she's started to promote the album and single.
  18. Silvan

19. Silvan

And here are some snaps for the album cover shoot.
    A0dUt42CMAEozvI.jpeg A0dkrS3CMAAhu0G.jpeg
  20. Lee

Lee Junior Member Newbie

It's looking like she won't be being too conservative on this new video, I think I'd prefer it a bit more if she laid back on the "sexy" and was a little more conservative. But we all know that's not the Christina we know and love haha