1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Cher - new album 'closer to the truth' and general stuff

Discussion in 'Popstar discussions' started by Eros, 27 Jun 2012.

1. Eros

Eros Junior Member Newbie

OMG - Cher has confirmed via Twitter she's been working on a musical about her own life. Apparently the show will be based around 3 Chers at different ages and they interact with each other.

Last edited by a moderator: 29 Sep 2013
    H.T. likes this.
  2. H.T.

H.T. Disco queen

Fantastic!
  3. Silvan

Silvan Administrator Staff Member

Right, some more concrete news about that elusive Cher album, the lady herself tweeted:

Deepak jha and H.T. like this.
  4. H.T.

H.T. Disco queen

Fantastic!!
  5. James

James New Member Newbie

I need her new album PRONTO. I've heard the demo of the Gaga duet that was on YouTube and it's catchy enough but it needs some serious beefing up if it's going to be a hit. Does anyone know who she's been working with other than Gaga?
  6. Silvan

Let's listen to that demo, shall we? There's way too much auto tune on that track, but I guess it would sound like a Cher song... Good move to do it with Gaga though, tap into her fans, rather than alienate them (Madonna).

Not sure who else she's working with. Presume she might record some more tracks with RedOne, and I'm sure there will be a track by Dianne Warren; back in January Cher did joke about asking Dianne to write her a track called 'R.I.P.' after some false rumours on Twitter she had died.

She did also tweet about her upcoming world tour, which is being delayed due to foot surgery.
  7. Silvan

Oh - this might be interesting; Cher did record a cover of the Merle Haggard country track 'Silver Wings' with her god daughter Jesse Jo Stark. She tweeted about this back in October, but she finally released it. I guess around that time there were rumours Cher was recording a country album, but thankfully she's changed her mind and is now recording a 'hardcore dance album' for a release around Christmas...

James likes this.
  8. James

James New Member Newbie

I have to admit, I'll lap up anything Cher puts out. I just love her voice and I think it's great how she properly interacts with her fans on twitter. Another dance album would make my year but if she's got some country stuff on the go, I'll take that too. I've got some of her albums on my ipod but I'm in the process of downloading her complete discography -- this thread has put me in the mood.
    H.T. likes this.
  9. Silvan

All 25 albums?
  10. andymc35

andymc35 Junior Member Newbie

I think this is my most anticipated album of the year. I love that she's sticking with dance music - there's just something endearing about older female singers releasing contemporary dance music - Cher is 66 and this year we've already had the likes of Amanda Lear releasing a dance album in her mid-late 70s. The old girls have still got it!
    H.T. likes this.
  11. Eros

Oh, Cher has been rambling on Twitter and this time she let slip she's working not only with Timbaland, but working with Pink's producer as well. Not sure who Pink's producer would be, Greg Kurstin, Dr Luke, Linda Perry? Linda or Greg would be cool.

12. Silvan

Cher's not very good at keeping secrets. When asked by a fan if she's recording a song with Christina Aguilera the following conversation unfolded:
    [parsehtml]
    <blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p>Ummm!!RT <a href="https://twitter.com/adrianpulido"><s>@</s><b>adrianpulido</b></a> <a href="https://twitter.com/cher"><s>@</s><b>cher</b></a> I met you in Madrid with Xtina, why dont you work together in a song again?</p>&mdash; Cher (@cher) <a href="https://twitter.com/cher/status/233391867801247744" data-datetime="2012-08-09T02:38:52+00:00">August 9, 2012</a></blockquote>
    <script src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p>UMMM !!!! RT <a href="https://twitter.com/classified1a"><s>@</s><b>classified1a</b></a> what was ummmm?Is this mystery gurl on ur new album Christina? U don't have to say, but can u hint?? TELL lolXx</p>&mdash; Cher (@cher) <a href="https://twitter.com/cher/status/233393005925629952" data-datetime="2012-08-09T02:43:23+00:00">August 9, 2012</a></blockquote>

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p>Not say YES not say NO? Say HOPE ! Luv her!RT <a href="https://twitter.com/poserdecher"><s>@</s><b>poserdecher</b></a> holy shit cher U WILL SING WITH XTINA! WOMAN U CAN'T KEEP SECRETS!!!LOL LOVE YA</p>&mdash; Cher (@cher) <a href="https://twitter.com/cher/status/233394434501394432" data-datetime="2012-08-09T02:49:04+00:00">August 9, 2012</a></blockquote>

[/parsehtml]
  13. Silvan

A 15 second snippet of a new Cher track has leaked on Friday. The dance track is titled 'Woman's World', which we presume is the antidote to her 1995 blues album 'It's a Man's World'.

After hearing about he leak Cher took to Twitter:
    "I m pissed cause its not the final version ! Final version is SO MUCH BETTER ! What a drag .. I wouldn’t have picked that part ! Bye bye"
    Followed by:
    “It’s gone! Sorry! Since it was leaked, lovelies should have been able to hear it! I just heard the whole song on English site! Whoa! I’M OVER PISSED!”
    And:
    I Really wasn’t That up set about the leak …I was pissed because it wasn’t THE FINAL MIX ! FINAL Mix So Much BETTER …Vocal IS Better 2
    We can't wait to hear the full version of this female anthem.

Woman's World

It's A Man's World
  14. andymc35

Oh my God, I love this. I've lost count how many times that I have listened to that snippet now. It sounds flawless!
    H.T. likes this.
  15. Eros

it sounds a bit too hi-NRG to me. Like a souped up version for a gay club, but guess that's the audience she's aiming at.
  16. andymc35

I suppose it's nice to actually hear something new from her. It has been so long since a full album that I was looking forward to whatever it was that she was going to release - country, rock, dance, I'd take anything - after all it's Cher! I don't see the new album coming out this year like it was slated too though, I guess it would all be too much of a rush to get it out before Christmas now.
  17. Silvan

18. Silvan

Cher tweeted earlier today ‘Happy Thanksgiving !‘ and included a link to her website where you can listen to her brand new single ‘Woman’s World‘. The club banger will be released on Monday (US) and will be the first single off her upcoming album.

The 66-year old star tweeted:

"when I started singing it I thought about strong Famous Women….Then I Thought “fk That””THIS IS A WOMAN’S WORLD” We’re All Strong ! MEN 2 ! Nite ! It’s been a busy day 4 me ! Hope this was fun for you ! I loved giving it to you FIRST !!"

At first it's slightly weird hearing a 66-year-old singing they're "I'm dancin' solo / In the dark on the club floor / I need to let it go / Shake it off stop thinkin' 'bout you / I lose myself in the beat of the drum / Tryin' try-tryin' to forget what you done done / But honey this is a battle that you haven't won"

...but then again, it doesn't look like Madonna's giving up any time soon, and at least Cher's new single is miles better than a lot on MDNA.

H.T. likes this.
  19. Silvan

Houston, we have a release date! Livia Tortella, Warner Bros.' co-president confirmed the news on the red carpet at Billboard's 2012 Women in Music event on Friday (Nov. 30).

So we can probably expect the album around March 2013.
  20. James

James New Member Newbie

*gay coma*

On Woman's World, Cher's voice is really in your face. I love it. It felt like I was getting slapped about the first time I heard it.
Tags: Cher