1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Carly Rae Jepsen - general + Call Me Maybe

Discussion in 'Popstar discussions' started by Silvan, 11 May 2012.

1. Silvan

Silvan Administrator Staff Member

Just LOVE this song! It's such a perfect pop song and felt like it came out of nowhere!

Carly-Rae-The-Roots.jpg
    Last edited: 24 Jun 2012
    H.T. likes this.
  2. H.T.

H.T. Disco queen

Totally agree - fantastic!!
  3. andymc35

andymc35 Junior Member Newbie

Great video too, made me laugh. I have to agree, it was a complete surprise - for some reason I was reluctant to hear the song, but when I did, I fell completely in love with it.
  4. Eros

Eros Junior Member Newbie

Will Carly Rae Jepsen be a one-hit wonder, or will she be able to turn this into a solid pop career? Here's a duet she recorded with Owl City called 'Good Time', featured on their EP 'Shooting Stars'.

http://igapromotion/owl-city-and-carly-rae-jepsen
  5. Geraint

Geraint Administrator Newbie

I do like 'Call Me Maybe' but there is NO EXCUSE for bringing Owl bloody City back. Ughhhh.
  6. Eros

Her second single, Curiosity, is a lot better than that Owl City duet :) Not as instant as Call Me Maybe, but still pretty good. Oh oh oh oh oh...

7. H.T.

H.T. Disco queen

Yeah, like it. Love her styling and the way she mixes electronic sounds into her guitar based songs and gives them some oomph. Is she Swedish?
  8. Eros

Canadian - she was on Canadian Idol in 2007. She came third.
  9. H.T.

H.T. Disco queen

Ta!
  10. Silvan

here's the video for her song with Owl City. Pretty generic...
  11. Silvan

Carly's upcoming album has a name: 'Kiss'. The album will be released on 18th September and has been inspired by Robyn (yay!), Madonna and The Cars:

12. Silvan

Oh lord, Carly Rae Jepsen's artwork for her album 'Kiss' is very late 80s. Getting some Saved By The Bell/Amber Tiffani Thiessen vibes here.

carly-rae-jepsen-kiss-artwork.jpeg
  13. Silvan

Here's the tracklisting for Carly's upcoming album. I have a feeling the album might not live up to Call Me Maybe, but then again what will...

01. Tiny Little Bows
    02. This Kiss
    03. Call Me Maybe
    04. Curiosity
    05. Good Time
    06. More Than A Memory
    07. Turn Me Up
    08. Hurt So Good
    09. Beautiful
    10. Tonight I'm Getting Over You
    11. Guitar String/Wedding Ring
    12. Heart Is A Muscle
    13. Drive
    14. Wrong Feels Sooooooo Right
    15. Sweetie
    16. Almost Said It
  14. DawsonsWeek

DawsonsWeek New Member Newbie

I've just pre-ordered this but I have a feeling you may be right and that the other tracks may pale in comparison to 'Call Me Maybe'. All I want is a fun little pop album, free from the dance and dubstep rubbish many others are pumping out.
  15. Silvan

there's something weird about Carly's persona. She looks young and sings about teenage crushes, even her tracklisting is very teen, however she's 26 (turning 27 later this year); older than Lady Gaga, who prefers to sing about whiskey and expression.

Katy Perry was kind of doing the same thing with her stage outfits and the Teenage Dream era, but at least she made it more age appropriate by getting her baps out.

291943_460867483948176_120362047_n[1].jpeg
  16. LEWIS

LEWIS New Member Newbie

Curiosity and Good Time are amazing songs! I'm really looking forward to it..
  17. DawsonsWeek

DawsonsWeek New Member Newbie

Signed copies on Play.com by the way, for those that are highly excited by that kind of thing (i.e. Me)
    LEWIS likes this.
  18. Silvan

Will Carly Rae Jepsen be the one hit wonder of 2012, or will she be able to her hit 'Call Me Mabye' into a lucrative career? Her album 'Kiss' will be out September 17th, but you can sample various tracks from her album below.

19. Danny

Danny New Member Newbie

I really like the sound of this, I wish her the best and hope it's a hit. I'm looking forward to hearing the new single: Tonight I'm Getting Over You, I believe it was produced by Max Martin.
  20. Silvan