1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Britney Spears - 8th studio album Britney Jean + singles

Discussion in 'Popstar discussions' started by Silvan, 15 May 2012.

1. Silvan

Silvan Administrator Staff Member

Britney-Jean.jpg

Can't believe we didn't have a Britney thread already. Then again, Britney Spears has been keeping a low profile since her Femme Fatale Tour ended. Until now that is. She's been confirmed as a judge on the American X Factor and there's a rumour Glee will be doing a second tribute episode.

http://insidetv.ew.com/2012/05/15/glee-scoop-second-britney-tribute-exclusive/
  2. Geraint

Geraint Administrator Newbie

3. Danny

Danny New Member Newbie

Dear Britney, isn't about time you re-hire your personal trainer and start loosing all that excess weight? I mean, c'mon! You're gonna be in X Factor, have some decency!
    H.T. likes this.
  4. Silvan

Nothing wrong with a few curves, but she shouldn't pick those figure hugging (accentuating) dresses. Some of her outfits on the Femme Fatale tour weren't' that flattering either...
  5. H.T.

H.T. Disco queen

Firstly love Britney. Like alot of the songs, really feel for the problems she's had and how she's come back to earn her Dad lots more money before she was ready. However, she consistently looks awful. She's a very strongly built woman (eg neck) and her styling ignores that and is amazingly casual. In pic above hair is lank and fake tan is terrible (you have to see other takes of shot above to see the fake tan lines) etc etc. X Factor prob good move as US interest wanes. She was criticised in last concerts for miming and not moving and was reported to have had The Wanted look at the wall as she went past - so in boot camp her advice will be "Don't f'ing sing! Don't f'ing move! and don't look at me Motherf'ker". Thanks Brit! Love her really!xx
  6. Geraint

Geraint Administrator Newbie

I find it increasingly hard to get through a whole series of X Factor UK, and I normally ignore American talent shows on ITV2 - I just don't have enough time! - but maybe this year i'll ignore the UK one, and just watch the US edition for Britney.
    H.T. likes this.
  7. Sheila

Sheila New Member Newbie

I agree Silvan, Brit-Brit looks healthy and happy, she just needs post-teen wardrobe consultant :) Sadly, the X-Factor just isn't taking off over here. I'm dead sick of all these reality talent shows (the Voice, American (gag) Idol, X-Factor). I think the talent pool is getting fairly shallow. Brit might bring an interesting Paula Abdul-esque vibe to X-Factor that might be worth checking out though!
  8. Silvan

9. rippy8

rippy8 Guest

Saw the dynamic duo on X-Factor last night. Brit is definitely looking and sounding very healthy. I don't mind all the curves either, makes her a real woman :) Looking forward to the funky new single indeed.
  10. Silvan

love this animated GIF of Britney Spears.

loving the track as well. It's a bit of an odd one, but love how Britney commands you to dance.
    http://67869012
    56228153.gif
  11. Silvan

12. Silvan

More and more songwriters are being linked to the upcoming 8th studio album for Britney Spears. First it was Darkchild, now it's Norwegian singer/songwriter Ina Wroldsen. She co-wrote 'Impossible' by Shontelle, which became James Arthur's new single. She also wrote 'He's About to Lose Me', a bonus track on Britney's last album Femme Fatale.

Here's a dodgy Google Translated quote:
    http://www.dagbladet.no/2012/12/16/kultur/musikk/ina_wroldsen/impossible/listetopp/24863239/
  13. Silvan

Britney's babbling away on Twitter. She's 'really focused' and working with some new producers. That probably means she won't be doing X Factor next year (Us Weekly reported she was 'fired') - which to be honest - wasn't really her calling.

Screen Shot 2013-01-01 at 18.05.39.png
  14. Silvan

15. Silvan

Uh oh... X Factor judge and sometimes singer Tulisa is suing Will.i.am for publishing royalties after claiming she wrote part of his track 'Scream & Shout', according to The Sun.

The Sun report Tulisa wrote the song with Will.i.am's friend and producer, Jean Baptiste, before the former Black Eyed Peas
    man recorded his own version of the track with Britney Spears.

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepag...illiam-over-Scream-and-Shout-track-money.html

Apparently she wrote the lyric “When you hear this in the club, you’d better turn this shit up.” I've always love that line, very un-Britney but fun. Not sure if I would have liked the track being delivered by Tulisa...
  16. H.T.

H.T. Disco queen

Nothing wrong with a strongly built woman having some curves but really, someone's styling her like a flabby mum at the schoolgates, in neutral woolies, a £9 bleach job on her thin hair and the worst, the very worst, slap to be seen on any major female star today. The fake tan is so shoddy she just looks really cheap. Eye make up just heavy and not achieving anything. I think she must still be on some heavy anti-psychotics and mood stabilisers. Of course shes the star we all loved when she clicks with a song and they CGI the f*ck out of her in the video. Good luck to lovely Brits
  17. Silvan

I hate the remix of Scream & Shout, but Britney is looking good. In fact, a lot better than that drag queen look in the original video.

H.T. likes this.
  18. Silvan

I wonder if Britney is recording another song with Will.i.am... THis is what the Black Eyed Peas man had to say on Twitter:
    tumblr_mkngbrW3YX1qbite0o1_1280.png
  19. H.T.

H.T. Disco queen

I sense that there is virtually no excitement or even interest in this album - prob another 18 track album with 3 good tracks on it and you can't really remember them. I thought Femme Fatale was great, loads of good tracks and one of my faves of all time - I Wanna Go. Production very "hot". So I don't know why I feel such ennui regarding this coming album. Poss because her TV shit and frumpy looks are gradually making me forget that she was a great popstar
  20. Silvan

Femme Fatale was a good album, totally agree on 'I Wanna Go'. But if feels the album kind of disappeared.

It's a shame Britney never themes her album. It tends to feel like a collection of songs her A&R people pulled together, without there being much artistic integrity. Mind you, she's never really been that kind of artist, so can't really blame her for that.
    H.T. likes this.