1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Brandy - new album Two Eleven + singles

Discussion in 'Popstar discussions' started by Silvan, 26 Apr 2012.

1. Silvan

Silvan Administrator Staff Member

brandy-put-it-down.jpeg

The first single was her reunion duet with Monica, It All Belongs To Me, but the lead single will be 'Put It Down' featuring Chris Brown (ugh).

http://tashieka/monica-brandy-it-all-belongs
    Both singles will be featured on her forthcoming album ‘Two Eleven‘, the singer’s date of birth, as well as the date her idol and friend Whitney Houston passed away.
    Last edited: 19 Jul 2012
  2. Silvan

Quite feeling this track and Brandy's rap bits, presuming she's no longer Bran' Nu.

Last edited: 18 Jun 2012
  3. mgi86

mgi86 New Member Newbie

I'm looking forward to this the new single put it down would be just as good if not a whole lot better without chris brown i don't get him but i can understand why people do but he's not my cuppa tea. Changing the subject i love brandy and her new album will be a welcome return i loved the duet as a first single just hope it's aloud to shine in the uk charts.
  4. H.T.

H.T. Disco queen

Can't watch clip above as its been "removed by user" whatever that means. I love Brandy and she's done some real classics but has a tendency to pad out her albums with poor quality filler - like Mariah and Janet Jackson and Toni Braxton. Hope this album avoids that. Re Chris Brown it is indeed amazing how quickly his career bounced back stronger than before. Can't deny he's a great performer and amazing looking - but lets hope Brandy doesn't end up with a broken face
  5. Silvan

Just fixed them. I have a feeling Brandy's album Two Eleven will be pushed back. It was supposed to be released this summer, but the lead single 'Put It Down' has seemed have vanished.
  6. Eros

Eros Junior Member Newbie

7. Silvan

Brandy throws in some light choreography while performing her new single 'Put It Down' at Howard theater.

Unfortunately The Brandy Blog also reports the album has been pushed back to 2nd October, 2012. Probably down to the flopping of the Put It Down single. Wonder if we will ever get to see a video, or if they'll just focus on the next single.

http://thebrandyblog.com/2012/07/19...-new-exclusive-interview-with-vaughn-alvarez/

8. Silvan

Brandy talks about the push back of the album to October. The album has been finished, but she needs to step up her promotional activities... The video for Put It Down will be with us in the next two weeks (early August?)

Brandy also says she's open to touring with Brandy in part 2.

9. Silvan

I'm warming up to the song, but really not loving the fact Chris Brown is featured on the track.
  10. Silvan

11. Silvan

BRANDY2.jpg

Brandy's forthcoming album Two Eleven has once again been pushed back. This time from the 2nd October to the 16th (US) (presume this would be the 15th for the UK). This is to make time to release another single, as the reception to Put It Down has been luke warm.

The album features collaborations by:
    Personally, I don't understand why they bothered with shooting a video for Put It Down, after it seemed to have vanished after its debut. Also, Chris Brown is questionable to say the least, so not sure if she should be seen with him.
    Last edited: 16 Aug 2012
  12. Dylancat

Dylancat Guest

I'm amazed at how many of the R&B community are happy to jump on the FT Chris Brown tag - no-0ne really stood up and spoke about his disgusting treatment of Rihanna, and people seem really happy to just forgive, forget and even endorse his behaviour by buying his records and recording with him...

What kind of message is that sending out - and Brandy, tsk tsk tsk. I saw her 'live' a couple of years ago in London. About 45 minds worth. Lazy, lazy, lazy... pity cos I love loads of her stuff..
  13. Silvan

http://4everbrandy/wildest-dreams-audio
  14. Silvan

Here we are, the artwork for Brandy's upcoming album Two Eleven.

Standard:

brandy-two-eleven-cover.jpg

Deluxe:

brandy-two-eleven-deluxe.jpg
  15. Silvan

'Two Eleven’ Tracklist
    1. Intro
    2. Wildest Dreams
    3. So Sick
    4. Slower
    5. No Such Thing As Too Late
    6. Let Me Go
    7. Without You
    8. Put It Down (Ft. Chris Brown)
    9. Hardly Breathing
    10. Do You Know What You Have? 11. Scared of Beautiful
    12. Wish Your Love Away
    13. Paint This House
    14. Outro

Deluxe Edition
    15. Can You Hear Me Now?
    16. Music
    17. What You Need
    18. Nodding Off
  16. Silvan

17. Silvan

In just under two weeks Brandy will release her sixth studio album 'Two Eleven', so to drum up some buzz she's uploaded a new track to YouTube called 'No Such Thing As Too Late (Audio)'.

The track is a classic Brandy ballad and was produced by Rico 'Turn The Lights On' Love.

I quite like the track, but I get the feeling there's little interest in her upcoming album. Let's hope it will do better than Nelly Furtado's Spirit Indestructible... What do you guys think of Brandy's new music so far?

18. Silvan

Quite like the sound of Slower.

19. Billy3010

Billy3010 New Member Newbie

People like Brandy/Monica/Ciara/Toni etc have one or two killer tracks on their albums and the rest is usually filler and this new album is no exception. I bought the deluxe edition and found myself completely bored by track 7, so much so, I turned it off. Maybe it's a little premature of me and I need to give it time - but the tracks just simply rolled into one another. Maybe my ear isn't finely tuned for this kind of RnB? I find albums by Robyn/Kylie/Madonna/Beyonce/Gaga/Minaj etc far more exciting and sometimes experimental - Two Eleven has none of these elements.
  20. Silvan

yeah, the album is a bit of a snooze fest. I've heard half of it, but nothing really stands out. Nevertheless, Brandy did debut at #3 on the American Billboard chart, which surprised me.

The Top 5 Of Billboard’s Top 200 Chart
    1. Jason Aldean, Night Train *new* *1 week*
    2. Mumford & Sons, Babel
    3. Brandy, Two Eleven *new*
    4. Scotty McCreery, Christmas With Scotty McCreery *new*
    5. Jamey Johsnon, Living For A Song: A Tribute To Hank Cochran *new*
Tags: Brandy