1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Beyoncé - 5th studio album 'Beyoncé' + singles

Discussion in 'Popstar discussions' started by Silvan, 13 Jun 2012.

?

What's your favourite track/video on Beyonce's new album?

1. Pretty Hurts

1 vote(s)
    100.0%
  2. Haunted

1 vote(s)
    100.0%
  3. Drunk In Love

1 vote(s)
    100.0%
  4. Blow

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. No Angel

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. Partition

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  7. Jealous

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  8. Rocket

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  9. Mine

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  10. XO

1 vote(s)
    100.0%
  11. ***Flawless

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  12. Superpower

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  13. Heaven

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  14. Blue

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Silvan

Silvan Administrator Staff Member

Super vague, but Diplo - who produced Beyonce's 'Run The World' - is suggesting tribal. Like Beyonce is going to try something that risky after the flop that was 'Run The World'...

She's apparently also recording with The Dream, but that might be for that rumoured re-issue of '4', although she's leaving it quite late if she's still to rerelease that album. I'm hoping they're finished with '4' and give us a new album later this year for Christmas 2012.

beyonce-cover-500x500.jpg
    Last edited: 18 Dec 2013
  2. Silvan

Before we'll get another album, Beyonce will release another single/video from her album '4'. The Diane Warren-penned ballad 'I Was Here' will premiere on the 19th August, World Humanitarian Day.
  3. Silvan

Here's the official announcement by Beyonce. Perhaps I'm a little sceptical and a bitter old bitch but I heard:

"On August 19th, it's hard time we rise together, do one thing for another human being. Nothing is too small. It beging with each of us. Make your mark. Buy my new single 'I Was Here' And say 'I was here'

I love that song and it's great Beyonce is using her status and music for a good cause, but it feels a bit like a sly attempt to push her album '4'...

H.T. likes this.
  4. Silvan

Diane Warren tweeted the below today. Hopefully new songs for the 5th album, or a re-issue of '4':

5. Silvan

The Sun report Beyonce has been recording with Kanye West and Hit-Boy.

6. Silvan

adco2-1355001051195-articleLarge.jpg

So Pepsi will be sponsoring Beyonce's comeback with her SuperBowl performance and her new album to follow (early?) next year. I do like that shot of Beyonce and the trolley.

[​IMG]
  7. Silvan

Interesting point: Beyonce, who fronted Michelle Obama's anti-child obesity initiative 'Let's Move!', is now the new face of Pepsi. Suppose she'll only push diet Pepsi then...
  8. CraigyA

CraigyA Music Nutta Newbie

Now after the Superbowl epic performance, and the announcement of the 'the Mrs Carter Sow - world tour, the 5th album is just round the corner.

this album will feature a song regarding her miscarriage

Beyonce has be quoted saying in her HBO documentary life is but a dream "I went into the studio and wrote the saddest song I've ever written in my life," she says, although she doesn't name the track. "And it was actually the first song I wrote for my album. And it was the best form of therapy for me, because it was the saddest thing I've ever been through."
  9. Geraint

Geraint Administrator Newbie

A cheeky (but amusing) Buzzfeed article about 'unflattering' images taken during her Super Bowl performance is steadily going viral. I find it hard to believe that her people wouldn't have known that this would happen!

http://www.buzzfeed.com/buzzfeedceleb/the-unflattering-photos-beyonces-publicist-doesnt-want-you-t

Let's face it, if Beyonce's team really wanted the images killed they should have instructed the original publishing agency to recall them, not attack a website that paid to use them. Maybe i'm just too cynical!
  10. Silvan

If they wanted good (retouched) shots out there, they should have handed them out to every blogger out there. Or alternatively, maybe Beyonce should wear those tiny little costumes so no wardrobe malfunctions can happen...
  11. CraigyA

CraigyA Music Nutta Newbie

those photos are hilarious
  12. Silvan

Beyonce used to claim she wrote songs for Destiny's Child. Her writing skills have become a bit of a joke of late, where she allegedly changed a word, and got a third in royalties. So I'm not sure what to think of Beyonce's new publishing deal...

13. Silvan

So, now that buzz track 'Bow Down' is out, what do you guys think of the track? Looks like some of you are loving it, but I just can't get excited about it. Also, it's quite hard to sing that song around the office without people taking offense ;-)

14. Silvan

E! News report that Beyonce and Andre 3000 will be covering the Amy Winehouse hit 'Back to Black' for the upcoming movie The Great Gatsby. I'm glad to hear it's a different take on the song, as the original only came out 6 years ago.

15. H.T.

H.T. Disco queen

I think much much better than her recent snoozerama
  16. H.T.

H.T. Disco queen

I think the phrase "write a word, get a third" of royalties, was first used re Spice Girls!
  17. Silvan

they were on to something!
    H.T. likes this.
  18. Silvan

So I'm quite excited about Grown Woman by Beyonce. Apparently it's produced by Timbaland. Who knew he had it in him to come up with a new sound?!
    H.T. likes this.
  19. Silvan

And here's a snippet of Beyonce & Andre 3000's cover of Back to Black, originally by Amy Winehouse.

20. Silvan

Behind the scenes of the Pepsi commercial with all the different looks. It almost feels this song, Grown Woman, should have been the single from her greatest hits album, celebrating her career so far.

21. Silvan

With no sign of an album or release of a single (where the hell is Grown Woman?!), Beyonce's Mrs Carter Show has become a greatest hits tour. Here's a trailer Beyonce uploaded to her YouTube channel.

Tags: Beyonce