1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Alicia Keys - new album Girl On Fire

Discussion in 'Popstar discussions' started by Eros, 27 Jun 2012.

1. Eros

Eros Junior Member Newbie

keys.jpg

Alicia Keys babbles on about being a new person, now being married, having a baby, making a new album. So expect all of that to be included in her forthcoming album.

Unfortunately she didn't confirm a release date or titles for the album or singles.

Last edited by a moderator: 29 Jun 2012
  2. Silvan

Silvan Administrator Staff Member

Alicia Keys will be back later this year with a new album, but in the meantime listen to this new buzz track 'New Day', which she uploaded to her SoundCloud account a couple of hours ago. The track is said to have been produced by her husband Swizz Beatz.

Last edited: 30 Aug 2012
  3. Silvan

Alicia Keys has named her new album 'Girl On Fire' and comes back with a slick new look.

alicia-keys-girl-on-fire-artwork.jpg
  4. Silvan

Alicia Keys tweeted the cover for her new single Girl On Fire, noting it will premiere soon. I'm really liking her new look, more so on the album than the single art.

alicia-keys-gof1.jpeg

[parsehtml]<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p>Crazy excited!!! My new single <a href="https://twitter.com/search/?q=%23GirlOnFire"><s>#</s><b>GirlOnFire</b></a> will be unleashed soon!!! Are you ready? ;-) <a href="http://t.co/WPoc2a1Q" title="http://instagr.am/p/O9uEF5QFhn/">instagr.am/p/O9uEF5QFhn/</a></p>&mdash; Alicia Keys (@aliciakeys) <a href="https://twitter.com/aliciakeys/status/241259736455057408" data-datetime="2012-08-30T19:42:58+00:00">August 30, 2012</a></blockquote>
    <script src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>[/parsehtml]
  5. Silvan

6. Melody

Melody New Member Newbie

According to Billboard her album "Girl On Fire" will be released on November 27 on RCA Records.
  7. donnawhite

donnawhite New Member Newbie

She is so talented and one of my absolute favorite musicians.
    I am waiting for the next rock.
  8. Silvan

What do you all think of her new single? It's quite similar to Try Sleeping With a Broken Heart (the drums) and Empire State of Mind, but a pretty strong comeback single.
    Last edited: 30 Sep 2012
  9. Silvan

Last edited: 30 Sep 2012
  10. NewYorkBaby

NewYorkBaby New Member Newbie

She's so talented, I really like her latest single.
  11. Silvan

Alicia Keys takes us behind the scenes of the recordings for Girl On Fire.
  12. Silvan

Here's the stream from Alicia Keys' iTunes Festival performance from The Roundhouse, Camden. It's weird she opens with 'New Day' rather than her new single 'Girl On Fire'. She performed New Day on Alan Carr as well the other day, rather than the lead single from her album. I don't really like that track, but I guess she's hoping for some cross over when 50 Cent's version is released.

1. New Day
    2. Karma
    3. You Don't Know My Name
    4. Try Sleeping With A Broken Heart
    5. Unthinkable
    6. A Woman's Worth
    7. Unbreakable
    8. Girl on Fire
    9. I Need You
    10. Brand New Me
    11. Fallin'
    12. Empire State of Mind (Part II) Broken Down
    13. No One

Encore:
    14. Not Even the King
    15. If I Ain't Got You

New Day - 50 Cent ft. Alicia Keys
  13. LEWIS

LEWIS New Member Newbie

I love her new songs! Anyone else think her new haircut makes her look like Whitney in the It's Not Right video?
  14. Silvan

Here it is, the video for Girl On Fire. Nice empowering song/video.
  15. Silvan

Alicia Keys confirmed the tracklisting for her upcoming album Girl On Fire:

“#AK GirlOnFire track listing looks like this!!!! Ahhh!!!! I can’t wait for you to hear these songs! #SoProud ;-) love!”

Girl on Fire Tracklisting
    1. De Novo Adagio
    2. Brand New Me
    3. When It’s All Over
    4. Listen 2 Ur Heart
    5. New Day
    6. Girl on Fire
    7. Fire We Make
    8. Tears Always Win
    9. Not Even the King
    10. That’s When I Know
    11. Limitedless
    12. One Thing
    13. 101

gof-tracklisting.jpeg
  16. Silvan

Super short preview of the new video 'Brand New Me', which will premiere in full on December 17th.