1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Adele - Skyfall - James Bond themes

Discussion in 'Popstar discussions' started by Silvan, 5 Oct 2012.

1. Silvan

Silvan Administrator Staff Member

adele-skyfall.jpeg

Adele has premiered her cut for the latest James Bond movie, Skyfall. It's a pretty strong track, but what's your favourite James Bond tune?

Here are three of my favourites:

Sheryl Crow - Tomorrow Never Dies

Garbage - The World Is Not Enough

Tina Turner - Golden Eye

Also think Rihanna would do an amazing Bond theme and Bond girl (Russian Roulette would have been a good one!)
  2. andymc35

andymc35 Junior Member Newbie

Definitely agree about Turner's Goldeneye - lots of competition though. I'm really not a huge Adele fan - I can't deny that she sounds great but her music just is not for me. I do love classic Bond themes though, and just picked up the CD with all of them (minus Skyfall) on it.

Top 3:
    Nancy Sinatra - You Only Live Twice

Carly Simon - Nobody Does It Better (The Spy Who Loved Me) - just perfection.

Gladys Knight - Licence To Kill

Honorable Mentions: Bassey's three, A-Ha's The Living Daylights, Duran Duran's A View To A Kill, Tina Turner - Goldeneye & Madge's Die Another Day.
  3. H.T.

H.T. Disco queen

Moonraker sung by Shirley Bassey is an absolute classic but its totally ignored. At the end credits there's a discoish version

There's so many brilliant ones but Diamonds are Forever, You only live twice, Nobody does it better and All Time High are certainly near the top of my list. All Time High by Rita Coolidge is another overlooked one, probably because it was theme to shit octopussy

Tags: Adele, James Bond